||07-16-2008 04:15 PM
Arrrggggh! My project went sideways!
As you might know, I'm doing a family room remodel which is mostly the fireplace area. I had the new mantel framed out and ready to skin with MDF and then maple veneer. I had it dead-nuts square from the massive skewedness of its original state. Well, I demo'd (an afterthought change) a row of slumpstone bricks that stuck out in a very ugly way. Next, I hardiebackered the surfaces to receive tile when I noticed that the mantel frame looked odd. I ran a level all over it and it is completely out of true now! Apparently, the trauma of beating out that brick row moved stuff--crap! So, I just completed demoing my beautiful frame to start from scratch. I'm going to get a beer and have a nap now.