DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f55/)
-   -   Board Games (http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f55/board-games-15592/)

HRTAdmin 02-20-2013 08:16 AM

Board Games
 
Anyone else play them? I like Mancala and Monopoly. I have a old version of Monopoly but will be upgrading soon.

oldognewtrick 02-21-2013 04:26 AM

We play dominos when the kids come over sometimes. Haven't played a board game in years.

HRTAdmin 02-21-2013 08:57 AM

I play dominoes as well, but I get tired of it quickly.

Pick up some board games, they are a blast. My wife and I play them a lot, even without the kids. We played Sorry last night.

Good times!

nealtw 02-21-2013 09:33 AM

Used to play Stock Ticker, great game but they left out brokers, bankers and agents. I guess if they had put them in there would be no winners.

HRTAdmin 02-22-2013 08:39 AM

And everyone else would lose.

nealtw 02-22-2013 09:28 AM

Monopoly and Life are close to real life. You either become super rich or you fall off the edge of the world or the board anyway.

Underdog 02-22-2013 10:16 PM

I miss them, grew up with them.
Can't find people to play Scrabble anymore, my favorite. The online versions just can't compete.
Play cards (Spades) online when I feel like getting cussed at.
I drag Apples to Apples to family gatherings just in case people want to have a few laughs without much time investment or mental strain. It gets pretty good reception even for the skeptics.
It seems the trivia games just serve to humiliate people.
Chess... *sigh*

Underdog 02-22-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 83869)
... I like Mancala and ...

Mancala, my parents had a nice handmade board that they used as a coffee table type decoration that visitors couldn't ignore.

Underdog 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 83919)
I play dominoes as well, but I get tired of it quickly.

Pick up some board games, they are a blast. My wife and I play them a lot, even without the kids. We played Sorry last night.

Good times!

My wife likes to break out Yahtzee when she wants my undivided attention.

HRTAdmin 02-25-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog (Post 83977)
Mancala, my parents had a nice handmade board that they used as a coffee table type decoration that visitors couldn't ignore.

Do you have any pics? I've been wanting to do something like that for some time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog (Post 83978)
My wife likes to break out Yahtzee when she wants my undivided attention.

I love Yahtzee. I didn't play it as a kid so it was new to me as of a year ago.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 AM.