DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Global Warming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
That was so many tons of stuff in the air.
The upside is you get spectacular sunsets.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 813 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

We made some changes to limit acid rain in the eighties, we changed the gas in the refridgerators and capture or waist now. I used to think it was bunk but I think I have climbed the fence and may have fallon on the other side.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Quote:
I have climbed the fence and may have fallon on the other side.
What body part did you land on?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 813 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Not sure but I think I twisted my neck. The worst part of all this trying to find a scientest to explain it that dosn't have a dog in the fight.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 54 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
We made some changes to limit acid rain in the eighties, we changed the gas in the refridgerators and capture or waist now. I used to think it was bunk but I think I have climbed the fence and may have fallon on the other side.
I think there's a lot to climate change we can't control, but limiting CFC's was a good thing. I remember the transition. If we can produce something without causing concern for the environment I think we ought to.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM  
samfloor
Carpet Installer

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't remember the name of the book, but I read one several years ago about the weather history of this planet. This planet has had very hot periods and very cold periods before.
Some people point to the last three years as being hotter and drier than usual. We also had few years like this in the 80's, and the 50's and the 20's and so on.
The climate change "experts" said it would lead to the demise of polar bears, but the group that counts them, say that the number of polar bears is increasing faster than any time since they started keeping track.
Back in the 70's, these same "experts were saying that greenhouse gases would block out heat from the sun and cause a new ice age.
I personally think that it is mostly for money. There are billions at stake in carbon credits. Al Gore has become very rich over this, while his own home uses more natural resources that almost any other home.

[url]http://www.flooringforum.com/forum/[/url]

(AKA Floorist, Rusty Baker)

Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 433 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor
I personally think that it is mostly for money. There are billions at stake in carbon credits. Al Gore has become very rich over this, while his own home uses more natural resources that almost any other home.
Bingo and we have a winner. It's not about saving the planet, it's about money.

Should we do all we can to help conserve natural resources and keep our environment clean, absolutely. Should we create new billionaires in the process who see Green in their pockets, I think not.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Don't remember the name of the book, but I read one several years ago about the weather history of this planet. This planet has had very hot periods and very cold periods before.
Some people point to the last three years as being hotter and drier than usual. We also had few years like this in the 80's, and the 50's and the 20's and so on.
The climate change "experts" said it would lead to the demise of polar bears, but the group that counts them, say that the number of polar bears is increasing faster than any time since they started keeping track.
Back in the 70's, these same "experts were saying that greenhouse gases would block out heat from the sun and cause a new ice age.
In the movie 'V for Vendetta' thousands were killed on purpose so some could make obscene profits. It was a 'manufactured' disaster posing as a natural one.

In real life, some groups who are absent a conscience cause disasters or use natural disasters, to make obscene profits.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 54 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
In the movie 'V for Vendetta' thousands were killed on purpose so some could make obscene profits. It was a 'manufactured' disaster posing as a natural one.

In real life, some groups who are absent a conscience cause disasters or use natural disasters, to make obscene profits.
Same thing happened in Watchmen, but it was for the bettement of mankind.

Carbon Credits are nonsense. It's way of throwing money at a problem where money doesn't really help it.

We have seen a ton of weather changes over the course of earth's history, but I think we can say that are aiding in the climate change to to our energy dependency issues. It is already happening? Of course, history has taught us that, but I think denying the central issue of carbon emissions is only going to make it worse.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM  
mudmixer
Contractor

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 36

The latest claim for "climate change" effects is when an idiot stupidly said an asteroid that was 180,000,000 miles away and headed somewhere "near" Earth was the result of "Global Warming".

Dick

Quick Reply