DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Green Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM  
NOVA Pros

Default Green Christmas

That is a perfect idea to make origami out of old cards. My youth group has to complete certain skills in learning origami is one of them. I am glad you shared this.

And thanks for the link to the instructions. That really helps.

And so much of this can apply to any holiday/special event. Birthday cards can then be turned into a special box, and such.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Does anyone know if the stockings have the same issues as the tree skirts with asbestos and fire retardant chemicals?

NOVA Pros

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 AM  
NOVA Pros

Default Recycling Christmas Cards

Over the last few weeks, I had received a lot of tips for having a Green Christmas.

I just wanted to share this address with everyone as a way to help the children and to help the environment by recycling.

You can send your used Christmas cards (fronts only) to the ranch and they reuse them for new cards which they sell to help their own cause (which is a cure for cancer).

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

NOVA Pros

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
christmas, decorations, green christmas, recycling

Quick Reply