DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Hobbies other than home repair.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 05:10 AM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Then I turned legal driving age,
and this is why I forgot the piano;

72-dodge-charger-shelly.jpg

72-dodge-charger-f.jpg

72-dodge-charger-r.jpg

That was a '72 Dodge Charger with a 440 4bbl, L-60-15s rear, G-70-15s front, new paint and my old flame Shelly.

Shelly, the car, all gone,, not forgotten

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2006, 10:05 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 119 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Default Hmmmm.

JUST A GOOD OLE BOY.....

My first ride was my ol man's 70 chevelle....he sold it that year I turned 17.....hmmm... I wonder why........

Just My
Made in the

Old 08-05-2006, 06:14 AM  
mechanicalmonster

Between work and trying to get the old house to decent living standards I don't have much time for hobbies. I used to camp hunt and fish but I forgot what its like. I spend what little free time I have wrenching on my fords and participating in my favorite ford truck forum. I am presently working on putting a 78 e-150 I got for 200 bucks on the road. Its got a 460 and c-6 so due to gas prices it wont be a daily driver. I think it will be great for hauling materials and towing though. I also tend to my animals for relaxation. I got a goat,a rooster, four mallard ducks and five hens about ready to start laying.

Last edited by mechanicalmonster; 08-05-2006 at 06:37 AM.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Bringing this thread back to life. Always interesting to see everyone's hobbies.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

I married a movie nut so I spend a lot of time before the big screen. We also have Janie's sister living with us, 7 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. We don't have to look far for something to keep us busy. I love to entertain the children though; I like being a friend to them and watching their faces light up when we "ring their bell".
I wold like to adopt one or two children, Janie being a Registered Nurse and me a Registered Master Plumber, our children would have pedigree papers. Wouldn't that be fun? I raised 2 children who are the apple of my eye and I miss them so much but they are living their lives now and I try not to nose into their activities too much (its a challenge though). Janie raised one girl from a previous marriage and she keeps something stiring all the time; we just shake our heads and say "Go Tammy"!
Glenn

Old 12-09-2006, 12:27 PM  
Streamin1972

Default Airstreams, and now bungalow renovations

I spent a few years of my life "redoing" a 1972 Airstream travel trailer... oddly enough, I am now living in it while renovating my bungalow. I seem to have expensive hobbies. My other hobby is my 1992 Miata. Well, no longer expensive now that all things are fixed, and at 32 mpg, who can argue with that!

Check them out if you like!

http://www.six55.com/AS/ Airstream
http://www.six55.com/miata/ Miata
http://www.six55.com/house/ Bungalow

Old 12-12-2006, 07:05 AM  
bethany14
DIY dummy

That's awesome Streamin1972, you're on the path my hubby and I are aiming for I dream of the day an airstream is my hobby, and I dream of living in it while we build our fantasized earth home on our fantasized 50 acres!
Lucky for me, my hobby is my job. Our bungalow is my baby, and there are so many things to learn from it, I can't recall the last time I was bored. We also have 4 dogs, and they keep life fun and interesting. Yes, four dogs, and I swear I've never gone looking for a pet, they all seem to find their way to me In addition to the home repairs and dog chasing, I enjoy my husband's hobby of cooking, I get a real kick out of salvaging what others consider junk and I love exploring alternative building methods and health practices--which often lead me to learning the old-fashioned way of life is far superior to technological developments!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:58 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Default Now serving....

Boy it's good to bring up some of the old stuff.

My latest hobby is crossing my oldest into the Boy scouts from webloes.
The other stuff is not hobbies, just wood working.
What are you all doing?

This is perfect for those that don't post much.

Just My
Made in the

Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 PM  
the spindoctor

tennis, fishing, disk golf, pool. i grew up always tinkering with cars, still have a v8 rx7 project car that will probably never get finished at the rate i'm going. i'm one of those people that could easily have 10 cars and still want more. eventually graduated to sportbikes and threw WAY too much money at roadracing until just recently when i bought my house. now i have a new money pit. one that probably won't kill me.

Justin

Old 11-30-2010, 08:12 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Default wow

Old threads...what a fun project I'm doin now.
Buildin my youngest a Caboose shed....so we have somewhere to put our outdoor cookstove.
Winter is on the way....now where did I put those train tracks??

Just My
Made in the

Quick Reply