DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Iranian Cleric Proved Correct




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:08 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

So then Armadillo hats are popular or if not popular exist?



__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 02:49 PM  
oldognewtrick
Moderator
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 4,674
Liked 357 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Inspector, why don't you see if TX will send you a box of armadillos up there and you could make some nifty hats to sell to the tourists. They also make a great soup, kinda tastes like chicken



__________________
oldognewtrick is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
inspectorD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 3,981
Liked 102 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Default Huh

Armadilla that tastes like chicken?? Sounds like you got a bad batch O soup.
more like Squirrel....speakin of that, you like yours BBqd or stuffed, cause I had me some stuffed last light....mmmmhhmmm ,, yessir.

__________________

Just My
Made in the

inspectorD is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 06:35 PM  
oldognewtrick
Moderator
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 4,674
Liked 357 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
Armadillo that tastes like chicken?? Sounds like you got a bad batch O soup.
more like Squirrel....speakin of that, you like yours BBqd or stuffed, cause I had me some stuffed last light....mmmmhhmmm ,, yessir.
Inspector, everything tastes like chicken in the south. Roll it in flour and fry it in some grease, yep tastes like chicken. Chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, chicken fried squirrel, chicken fried armadillo

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
__________________
oldognewtrick is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 03:31 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/newtrick View Post
Inspector, everything tastes like chicken in the south. Roll it in flour and fry it in some grease, yep tastes like chicken. Chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, chicken fried squirrel, chicken fried armadillo

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Ain't that the truth. I've had almost everything you listed. Chicken fried alligator was odd.
__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 PM  
funetical
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBuilder View Post
Ain't that the truth. I've had almost everything you listed. Chicken fried alligator was odd.
I tried that, fried on a stick, once at a fair. Tasted swampy.
__________________
funetical is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 06:30 PM  
oldognewtrick
Moderator
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 4,674
Liked 357 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funetical View Post
I tried that, fried on a stick, once at a fair. Tasted swampy.
It was probably the sick that made it taste that way. I had gator several times when I lived in Fla and really liked it. Didn't taste gamey at all. But it did have a bit of a bite to it...
__________________
oldognewtrick is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM  
funetical
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/newtrick View Post
It was probably the sick that made it taste that way. I had gator several times when I lived in Fla and really liked it. Didn't taste gamey at all. But it did have a bit of a bite to it...
Arghh. Bad joke bad joke. Maybe mine was just a swamp gator and yours a farm gator? Not sure. Maybe it was the stick. Sticks come from swamps right?


__________________
funetical is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Correct way to install aluminum window capping? DavesHammer Windows and Doors 4 06-03-2012 02:10 PM
Best way to correct sagging ceiling joists chboe5771 Framing and Foundation 5 05-23-2010 01:07 PM
Correct pop-up assembly for Lav sink - no overflow jbutts Plumbing Forum 2 02-01-2009 03:57 PM
Correct way to handle HVAC in attic? pjcampo HVAC 6 01-13-2009 05:52 AM
Correct 8 foot high ceiling/wall Mudball Framing and Foundation 6 06-18-2006 06:07 PM