DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Muammar and

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Muammar and

It was a gala celebration at the UN today as world leaders came out to the Augusto Pinochet Dictator Awards held at the UN's General Assembly Hall. By all accounts the evening was the unofficial coronation of Muammar Kadafi as Dictator of the Year when he stole the show with a 90 minute nonsensical rant about everything from the assassination of JFK to the H1N1 virus choreographed with an occasional paper toss (a new move for the 72 year old). It was a night for the critics, but true artistic genius is always hailed as radical.

Muammar relaxing and having a few too many beer back stage with the road crew after the show.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad opened for Muammar, and I couldn't think of a better opening act. Mahmoud, a long time advocate of saying what's on his mind, entertained the crowd by affirming that were no homosexuals living in Iran. Mahmoud drew howls of laughter when he suggested that the number of homosexuals in both Iraq and Afghanistan had increased tremendously since the landing of US led coalition forces in both countries. Whatta guy.

Mahmoud and his wife pose on the red carpet for photographers. Mrs. Ahmadinejad wore a gold necklace with a diamond solitaire and matching earrings by Cartier, a teal evening gown by the up and coming designer Emily Wright of Los Angeles, a white silk sash from Prada, and a conservative but stylish black burka.

Notably absent at the celebrations were Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe and Hugo Chavez of Venezuela as both had prior speaking engagements.

Robert Mugabe was in South Africa performing live at the Africa Raps concert, and Hugo was in Crawford, Texas yelling insults from the property line of the Bush family ranch.

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 09-25-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2009, 10:26 AM  
Billvila

I never got my invite. Was it a black tie affair?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:04 AM  
handyguys

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

At first I though you were talking about Obama when you said nonsensical rant!!!

The Handyguys Podcast [url]http://www.handyguyspodcast.com[/url]

Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 408 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 131

They all look like such like able guys, you know, the kind you would invite over for a beer in the garden to iron out your differences......

Old 09-27-2009, 07:06 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 119 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Default well

That could be the problem, they do not drink if they are muslims....
maybe take em on a fishin trip.

Just My
Made in the

Old 09-27-2009, 07:19 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 408 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Well, how about putting a hog on the smoker and having a pig roast. Nothin like eatin some good ole southern BBQ to settle ones differences.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:45 PM  
Plumbing And Lighting

LOL, nice post. A friend of mine was actually in attendance for a recent Ahmadinejad speaking engagement (might have been this exact one, but I'm not sure). He's a college student so he went with his whole class to a Q&A. Said he cringed and rolled his eyes the whole way through. The Q&A was only broadcast in Iran and it concluded with a 30 minute rant, which from what I was told was basically a further denial of the holocaust. Scary thing is that the majority of people there stood and applauded at the finish.

[url=http://http://www.novalightingstore.com/NovaLightingBrands.asp?MfgRqst=62]Capital Lighting[/url]
[url=http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/delta]Delta Faucets[/url]

Old 09-29-2009, 03:15 PM  
Huh?

That's not surprising at all. People are backwards and need to be corrected. If the country that's responsible for the Holocaust admitted it and there are sites all over Germany that prove it who cares what one mildly retarded puppet for the Ayatollah says. The second he contradicts a edict put forth by the supreme leader he will be forced out of office. Shari is great and all but I don't think people realize that the Ayatollah calls all the shots. Get ready for a Nuclear Iran!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
People are backwards and need to be corrected.
There are no backward people on this good Earth that need correcting. If people do things differently in other countries, it's because it makes more sense to do it that way given their circumstances, social and economic constraints and cultural history. I once saw a Yanomamo Chief being interviewed on TV talking about the cutting down of the Amazon rain forest by logging companies to sell hardwoods to North America and Europe. By the way he was dressed, I figured him to be an as yet uncatalogued species of monkey. But, when the translation came through, the man was obviously very intelligent, and that was presumably why he had been chosen by his people to be chief.

Quote:
The second he contradicts a edict put forth by the supreme leader he will be forced out of office. Shari is great and all but I don't think people realize that the Ayatollah calls all the shots.
You need to understand that Ahmadinejad needed the UN exposure for his own good. The Ayatollah's regime is committing political suicide. Anytime people who are in power brutally put down a popular uprising against them over fundamental issues like personal freedom, they sow the seeds of their own demise. It's just a matter of time.

Ahmadinejad knows that there is a great deal of anger within factions of his country that want him and the Ayatollah's ousted. The opportunity to be seen amongst other world leaders at the UN defending Iran's right to self determination and bad mouthing Israel will score him a lot of points with his public back home, even if they feel he rigged the election. Ahmadinejad needed the opportunity to "look Presidential" at the UN for "domestic consumption" so as to bolster his popularity and legitimacy amonst fence sitting Iranians as this is a critical time for the regime. Otherwise, he wouldn't have risked leaving the country. It's very possible that an uprising could have occured in his absence. So, Ahmadinejad didn't come to the UN cuz he wanted to, it's mostly because he (and the Ayatollah's) felt he needed to. His presence at the UN is an indication of how fragile the regime is now, and how important it is for him to LOOK and ACT presidential to the Iranian public, than it has to do with the holocaust, or lack thereof.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM  
Huh?

You took it out of context. A denial of the holocaust is backwards. I'm no Zionist, but it did happen, and if your going to base policy, or in this case lack there of, on a faulty point then you are in need of correcting. I understand that people are entitled to there opinion, but not when it causes an irrational amount of hate into an ignorant public. Your monkey man may have been smart by monkey man standards and he may have been smart by western standards, but if he had based his truth on a lie the intelligence is void, no matter his ability to logically deduce his position and reinforce it with perceived fact. What your saying is the exact opposite of science and science is the only valid form of intelligence. Meaning obviously the scientific method. Anything else is faith. Faith yields to coercion.
As for the Ayatollah, Stalin didn't have public support. He gained it through starvation. Look how well his regime instilled authority. An uneducated population ingrained with the words of Allah, which despite it's clergy saying it's peaceful (it is not), is an indoctrination of the ayatollah and his status as the supreme leader. Their religion forbids descent.

Quick Reply