DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Resolutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
Then do something else.
I realized long ago I could never keep up with the construction life, 25 years on the body is enough. I started looking into home inspections while I still had time about 10 years ago. I slowly merged out of "all" remodeling, to part time inspections. This year I have two separate entities. One company is a consulting/inspection and Infrared business, the other is a remodeling company and 2 subs. I have an answering company man the phones of the inspection and I have made my best year in a long time.
I would say at this point in your life, Go back to school and diversify, the bad back never goes away or gets better.
Good luck!!

And as far as resolutions go, I figure if I'm doin somethin I don't need to be, I take care of it then. Or I get in trouble.
That's great advice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM  
Garenius

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Be more active in the gyms, something which I've been neglecting lately.

<a href="http://www.extensionfactory.com.au">Home Extensions || House Extensions Melbourne</a>

Old 01-23-2012, 03:29 PM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I can't get into gyms.

You have to go places to work out, I would rather do that at home.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 458 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBuilder View Post
I can't get into gyms.

You have to go places to work out, I would rather do that at home.
Yep, I bought a treadmill and an exercise machine with 3 stations...pretty to look at, maybe someday I'll start to use them.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:19 PM  
Jdmrenovations

Believe me, I am doing more exercise now than I ever did...all aimed at my core and back muscles.

I don't necessarily need to STOP working in the field, I just need to stop working STUPID in the field. I am one of those idiots that in my younger years took on tasks I simply should have refused.

I learned my lesson...a little too late. Still, my chiropractor tells me that my back looks good for a 42 yr old man...the deterioration is from age and abuse. Luckily for me, I've never been heavy...6 ft and 170 since high school, and I never took my macho work stupidity to a level that did any serious damage.

That's what I meant by protecting my back. That actually gives me a thought on a new resolution...if it's not too late.

The younger guys that I hire to do the heavy lifting I used to do will now get a lecture from me...at least I can teach someone from my mistakes

[URL]http://www.meyerrenovations.com[/URL] Beware of the "do-it-all contractor".

Old 01-26-2012, 03:04 PM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/newtrick View Post
Yep, I bought a treadmill and an exercise machine with 3 stations...pretty to look at, maybe someday I'll start to use them.
It's not being used as a coat rack?

Seems you're missing it's purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmrenovations View Post
Believe me, I am doing more exercise now than I ever did...all aimed at my core and back muscles.

I don't necessarily need to STOP working in the field, I just need to stop working STUPID in the field. I am one of those idiots that in my younger years took on tasks I simply should have refused.

I learned my lesson...a little too late. Still, my chiropractor tells me that my back looks good for a 42 yr old man...the deterioration is from age and abuse. Luckily for me, I've never been heavy...6 ft and 170 since high school, and I never took my macho work stupidity to a level that did any serious damage.

That's what I meant by protecting my back. That actually gives me a thought on a new resolution...if it's not too late.

The younger guys that I hire to do the heavy lifting I used to do will now get a lecture from me...at least I can teach someone from my mistakes
That's smart. Try to save someone else's back so they don't have the same issues.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM  
rollingmurphy

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been trying to pick up the guitar again. Haven't played it in a LONG time. Used to be the coolest kid in high school, in little garage bands here and there. The good ol' days as I would say it. I had a white Ibanez, played like a dream. It's definitely something I planned on getting back into this year.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:13 AM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

What kind of guitar do you have?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM  
Leo1981

well just like everyone else i decided to try and lose weight and get a little fitter, ive done this and never really stuck to it but seem to be enjoyin it this year round and can see me carrying it on for a while. im 6ft and weighed 14st 3 and since the 1st i went on a low carb diet and joined the gym. i go around 3 times a week and do muscle training and then cardio, and make sure i go swimming at least once a week. i weighed myself this morning and after a month i now weigh 13st and i feel much better about myself.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1981 View Post
well just like everyone else i decided to try and lose weight and get a little fitter, ive done this and never really stuck to it but seem to be enjoyin it this year round and can see me carrying it on for a while. im 6ft and weighed 14st 3 and since the 1st i went on a low carb diet and joined the gym. i go around 3 times a week and do muscle training and then cardio, and make sure i go swimming at least once a week. i weighed myself this morning and after a month i now weigh 13st and i feel much better about myself.
Congrats, I'm glad to read you are sticking to it.

Is the pool you're swimming in heated?

Quick Reply