DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Tenants leave behind so many things

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 AM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That would be great if you could find something like that. Most of the junk from my childhood is just worthless.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 AM  
lily694

if its made with good quality, then it is a good investment

[URL="http://knol.google.com/k/liam-smith/-/1ln9dwmgr76vq/0#"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][COLOR="Purple"]Woodworking Project Ideas[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Last edited by lily694; 01-21-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:47 AM  
joecaption

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You have to be careful with what you do with other people stuff.
We had someone 3 months behind in there rent, notice had been given in hand by the sherrif for them to move out and they skipped town.
The only thing they took was some furniture that really belonged to Rent to Own and a lawn mower that belonged to the new people buying the house that they had stored in the shed. There was a plate full of food still sitting on the table, 2, juck cars, the kids clothes and toys had been dumped out and were all over the house, cartains of cig. A jar with change in it, food in the cabinets and still in the ref. It looked like someone just got up and walked out.
I was told to go there and take everything to the dump and keep anything I wanted, just get it cleaned out ASAP so it could be sold.
Two months later the old tenet came back and kicked the door in thinking his stuff was still in there. Someone saw him doing it so we called the police.
When we went to court he won because we were suppost to hold his stuff in storage and post in the local newspaper for 30 days and pay for storage for at least that long.
To me that just makes no since but that's the law. He did not even have to pay for the damage to the door.
If stuffs left behind try and get it in writing it's now yours.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
You have to be careful with what you do with other people stuff.
We had someone 3 months behind in there rent, notice had been given in hand by the sherrif for them to move out and they skipped town.
The only thing they took was some furniture that really belonged to Rent to Own and a lawn mower that belonged to the new people buying the house that they had stored in the shed. There was a plate full of food still sitting on the table, 2, juck cars, the kids clothes and toys had been dumped out and were all over the house, cartains of cig. A jar with change in it, food in the cabinets and still in the ref. It looked like someone just got up and walked out.
I was told to go there and take everything to the dump and keep anything I wanted, just get it cleaned out ASAP so it could be sold.
Two months later the old tenet came back and kicked the door in thinking his stuff was still in there. Someone saw him doing it so we called the police.
When we went to court he won because we were suppost to hold his stuff in storage and post in the local newspaper for 30 days and pay for storage for at least that long.
To me that just makes no since but that's the law. He did not even have to pay for the damage to the door.
If stuffs left behind try and get it in writing it's now yours.
That's terrible, sorry to hear it.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 PM  
handygirl520

You're lucky he left you with something you can actually sell. One of our tenants left an appliance open and almost burned our entire house. Gah!

[URL="http://homeprojects.isbx.com/node/757"]Home Decor for Valentine's Day: Add a little love into your homes[/URL]. Share your home improvement projects on your iPhone or Android via [URL="http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=151034658260403"]Home Projects[/URL]. <3

Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

What did they leave?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:53 PM  
handygirl520

Were you asking me? ^_^ They left the fan on and it probably had a shortcircuit, almost burned the house down.

[URL="http://homeprojects.isbx.com/node/757"]Home Decor for Valentine's Day: Add a little love into your homes[/URL]. Share your home improvement projects on your iPhone or Android via [URL="http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=151034658260403"]Home Projects[/URL]. <3

Old 03-01-2011, 01:17 PM  
TxBuilder

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handygirl520 View Post
Were you asking me? ^_^ They left the fan on and it probably had a shortcircuit, almost burned the house down.
That's terrible, luck you. Honestly, I hardly ever remember to turn my fans off before I leave, I understand how a mistake could be made.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:16 PM  
handygirl520

I know, right? Unfortunately, I was at work that time and couldn't help out. But yeah, that kind of mistake can really be easily overlooked.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM  
WeHeartJunk

On a junk removal job/move out we picked up a weight set worth about $600. We told the guy its probably is worth something but he just wanted it gone. We sold it on craigslist and donated the proceeds to our local 4-H group.

[URL="http://www.weheartjunk.com"]www.weheartjunk.com[/URL]

Quick Reply