DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Tenants leave behind so many things

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 850 Times on 759 Posts
Likes Given: 1466

It looked like they had water beds on a platform, the buyers weren't going to accept the house never mind a patched floor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 54 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 205

Makes sense now. Waterbeds are a tough things to move around, let alone deconstruct then reconstruct.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 AM  
JunkDawgs

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

With my company, we get called to remove waterbeds and it's the little things that become a nuisance, i.e., draining the bed before you even get into removing it.

[URL="http://www.junkdawgs.com"]Junk Hauling Indianapolis[/URL] [URL="http://www.junkdawgs.com"]Junk Removal Indianapolis[/URL]

Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 PM  
poorgrlkc
PoorGirlKC

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I am a girl, I am not sure if that makes a difference but I used to love it when people left stuff in their apartments because I would get $50 bucks a month off my rent to remove it by either putting it in the apartment dumpster or by hauling it off.
Most of the time it was the easiest thing to do and I usually made a couple hundred extra a month by selling cheap the items at Swap n shop (for those of you not familair in KC we have a drive-in (movie) where you can go on Saturdays and sundays (duing the day) and sell stuff) the rest of the stuff I would list on KC freecycle and like Erin said people will come pick up anything if its free.
Freecycle can also be valuable if you are looking for certain stuff. Perhaps TxBuilder could find some leftie golf clubs that way as you can put up ads for wanted things too.
On the bad side of clearing apartments there are always those who are just plain gross and leave an apartment full of filth and trash.
I can see where being an apartment manager/landlord can lead to headaches if you are constantly having to deal with people leaving stuff behind for you to deal with.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM  
poorgrlkc
PoorGirlKC

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Neal, that is funny what you said about them not painting behind the pictures. One day after I moved in with my mom I was removing the pictures and dusting and found she had not painted under any of the pictures!
OMG I was like Mom what the heck?! She was like well I was doing it by myself and... To this day there is still a 2"x2" area that my mom puts a pillow in front of that is not painted. This is because the color paint she used is no longer made and she refuses to let me paint the room a color similiar. Thankfully, when I found out the pictures had not been painted under she still had a little of the paint which is why there is only the small area left.
I cannot imagine not removing the pictures when painting though WHY?! Ahhh

Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

So you could see the original color of the house?

How did she paint without getting the paint on the picture?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM  
poorgrlkc
PoorGirlKC

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well, I guess she did it very carefully. It seems it would have been easier to remove them and then paint. My mom thinks weird.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 AM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper

Liked 353 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Here is the strangest one I have seen in a while. We have been looking at some short sale properties and they are basic nice homes that have sat at least one year and the north east winters sitting without heat have been hard on them. One day we looked at one and it was mostly cleaned out except in one bedroom closet there was a 20 pound dumbbell. We laughed when we saw it and made some joke about it being too heavy to take along. About a week later we were in a different house about five miles away and open a closet and low and behold there is another 20 pound dumbbell. We have a bid in on that house now dumbbell and all. I asked the realtor if he would throw in the other so we would have a set.

The first house was a much nicer house and a good price but had a crawl space and a major black mold problem. That’s not something you want to find for free. The one we have a bid in on has about enough free stuff to fill a good size dumpster and that’s where it’s going if we get the place.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 459 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 147

So Bud, did they throw in the dumbbell?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM  
Austin
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/newtrick View Post
So Bud, did they throw in the dumbbell?
I was thinking the same thing. I've thought about leaving behind a weight set once or twice.

You buy it thinking you'r gong to lift, but it ends up being one more heavy thing you have to take with you when you move.

Quick Reply