DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > The Ultimate Off Roader




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default The Ultimate Off Roader

Thought this was pretty cool. You snow bound people should appreciate it.

Snow Vehicle Concept (1924)



__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 PM  
GregC
Quick Belt System
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
Default

That's WILD!
I'm still trying to figure out how I can attach my tool trailer to my snow mobile. This might be even better.



__________________

GregC, President/Founder [COLOR="Blue"]www.Quicktoolbeltsystem.com[/COLOR]

GregC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 04:23 PM  
GregC
Quick Belt System
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Hey TxBuilder.... think I got it!

ready-work-snow.jpg  
__________________

GregC, President/Founder [COLOR="Blue"]www.Quicktoolbeltsystem.com[/COLOR]

GregC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 04:45 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,328
Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
Hey TxBuilder.... think I got it!
At 40 hp (?) you're not going to be able to climb hills towing a trailer
__________________
Wuzzat? is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM  
GregC
Quick Belt System
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
At 40 hp (?) you're not going to be able to climb hills towing a trailer
Well I got a little more than 140 hp under that hood, but still not enough to haul my trailer up hill. I need to find all my jobs down hill.
__________________

GregC, President/Founder [COLOR="Blue"]www.Quicktoolbeltsystem.com[/COLOR]

GregC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,328
Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
more than 140 hp
I'm surprised it doesn't go airborne. You can probably pull one G at the handlebars when accelerating.
__________________
Wuzzat? is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 06:11 PM  
GregC
Quick Belt System
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
I'm surprised it doesn't go airborne. You can probably pull one G at the handlebars when accelerating.
LOL..I'll tell you...it's scary! I had it as fast as 137 on the lake ice and I ran out of lake. (wasn't that big of one) but that was one scary ride. With these new 4 strokes it was so smooth, I couldn't believe it. WAY FUN!
__________________

GregC, President/Founder [COLOR="Blue"]www.Quicktoolbeltsystem.com[/COLOR]

GregC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,328
Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
I had it as fast as 137 on the lake ice and I ran out of lake.
Your kinetic energy and that of the snowmobile, at that speed of 200' per second, is equal to about 3/4ths of a pound of TNT.

If you hit a wall or something the pieces of you and that machine would have been scattered all over.

But since all of us live in the past about 1/10th of second, you wouldn't have felt a thing!



The worst I did was go off a ski jump without checking it out first. I found myself 15' in the air and was convinced I'd killed myself.

Speakinawhich, I read about a motorcycle [murdercycle] accident. The guy couldn't find one of this arms. It was on a nearby rooftop.
__________________

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 02-02-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Wuzzat? is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png
 
inspectorD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 4,034
Liked 119 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Default nice

Very Nice, and very old school. Wonder if any of those are still around...I have an old 1929 Oliver ...and I could use those pontoons.

__________________

Just My
Made in the

inspectorD is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 05:10 AM  
GregC
Quick Belt System
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
Your kinetic energy and that of the snowmobile, at that speed of 200' per second, is equal to about 3/4ths of a pound of TNT.

If you hit a wall or something the pieces of you and that machine would have been scattered all over.

But since all of us live in the past about 1/10th of second, you wouldn't have felt a thing!



The worst I did was go off a ski jump without checking it out first. I found myself 15' in the air and was convinced I'd killed myself.

Speakinawhich, I read about a motorcycle [murdercycle] accident. The guy couldn't find one of this arms. It was on a nearby rooftop.
WOW...that's not good.


__________________

GregC, President/Founder [COLOR="Blue"]www.Quicktoolbeltsystem.com[/COLOR]

GregC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate High Rise Escape System ToolGuy General Chit-Chat 3 08-25-2009 02:08 PM
The Ultimate Picnic Table comcarcab Carpentry and Woodworking 2 08-25-2009 02:05 PM