DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Unruly town hall meetings over health care reform

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 04:43 PM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No, not MANDATORY organ donation. Just having the necessary information on an database so that if someone dies in an accident or violently, any people waiting for an organ might get one if there's a match.

MOST people would die normally and would never have their organs touched. Those people that die in excellent health would have organs TAKEN from them to provide for people who need them.

If organ donation was non-voluntary, there would be no harvesting of organs (like kidneys) from people in third world countries. There'd be enough to go around to provide for those that need them without having to do terrible things like that.

I fully understand that this is a difficult concept for people to accept. You're born with all your organs, why shouldn't you go to the grave with all your organs. And, the answer, quite simply, is that someone else needs them more than you will. And, that's a good answer so far as I'm concerned.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 05:08 PM  
shan2themax

Send a message via AIM to shan2themax Send a message via Yahoo to shan2themax

Something else about organ donation..... not all people that die can be donors... like if you just die...... you can only donate certain things... like eyes and skin I believe, if you are brain dead... well that is another story, that is when they can come in and harvest organs... and I dont think that people realize that... and no, we dont let you lay there and die just so we can have your organs... that would be too much work... lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply