DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > What are you watching?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM  
TxBuilder
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Zombies. People love them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM  
SnellExperts

^^^ What he said lol. That and the fact that good zombie movies/shows seem to be rare to find. At least for me they are. Dawn of the dead was the last good zombie movie that I have seen in a while.

[URL=http://www.snellexperts.com]Mold Inspection[/URL]
[URL=http://www.executiverestoration.com]Mold Inspection Charlotte NC[/URL]

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Agreed on that one.

I like both versions but the 1978 version is amazing.

I tried watching the Day of the Dead remake. I turned it off it was so terrible.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM  
rollingmurphy

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

^ oh my, dawn of the dead WAS good. i wouldn't mind watching that right now, haven't seen it in about 5 years

Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM  
SnellExperts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBuilder View Post
Agreed on that one.

I like both versions but the 1978 version is amazing.

I tried watching the Day of the Dead remake. I turned it off it was so terrible.
Another huge disappointment was land of the dead. (i think that was the name) Very cheesy, especially when they tried to show that the "zombies" were capable of learning and reasoning and using guns and stuff. That's just like anti-zombie lol.

I lost my copy of dawn of the dead so until I go out and buy another one I can't watch it Its been about 5 years or so since the last time I saw it too. The down with the sickness cover in the new one was AWESOME lol!

Last edited by SnellExperts; 11-05-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: want to add something

Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnellExperts View Post
Another huge disappointment was land of the dead. (i think that was the name) Very cheesy, especially when they tried to show that the "zombies" were capable of learning and reasoning and using guns and stuff. That's just like anti-zombie lol.

I lost my copy of dawn of the dead so until I go out and buy another one I can't watch it Its been about 5 years or so since the last time I saw it too. The down with the sickness cover in the new one was AWESOME lol!
I had mixed feelings.

Bud in the end of Day of the Dead was the path they were taking with the smart zombie idea and Land of ended up being an execution of that idea.

I think in way of post apocalypse it was better then a lot out there.

Much of zombie fiction focuses on the immediate outbreak and not on what happens a few years down the road.

I liked it for those reasons, but I disliked it for many more.

Diary of the Dead was a cool concept and I really liked it.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 PM  
Rumi
I think I can...

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My wife and I are "Fringe" fans and have watched it since it began. Pretty cool if you are into theoretical sci-fi type shows. Its on the Fox network.
Blue Bloods is a good family of cops show with good old fashioned values.
And there is a new one thats somewhat intrigueing called Person Of Interest. I hope we aren't too close to the technology in that one?!

This Old House on Saturday mornings sometimes.

Last edited by Rumi; 11-12-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM  
SnellExperts

Never saw Diary of the Dead, will have to look into it. The idea of a smart zombie just goes against everything that is traditional zombie lore for me. The whole concept is everything in the brain shuts down except for the need to feed essentially, which would make learning impossible with that part of the brain shut down. Of course we are talking about zombies which is something that is already made up so I guess there are no real rules about it lol. I completely agree about the initial outbreak thing but not a few years down the road. I would love to see a movie like that! Or maybe a series that covers it all

Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 AM  
TxBuilder
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnellExperts View Post
Never saw Diary of the Dead, will have to look into it. The idea of a smart zombie just goes against everything that is traditional zombie lore for me. The whole concept is everything in the brain shuts down except for the need to feed essentially, which would make learning impossible with that part of the brain shut down. Of course we are talking about zombies which is something that is already made up so I guess there are no real rules about it lol. I completely agree about the initial outbreak thing but not a few years down the road. I would love to see a movie like that! Or maybe a series that covers it all
Zombie movies for the most part are a homage to the culture making them.

Night fixated on racism.

Dawn on Consumerism

Day on Science.

I think the coming of the smart zombies is in part due to the fact a lot of people are already zombies, only looking to "wake up" from the nightmare of their realities.

The transition as well can be seen as a type of catharsis required for a cultural awakening. You must suffer to change. Change is inevitable. Suffering is therefore inevitable and will sweep a culture if not properly stopped (which is never is).

Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 AM  
SnellExperts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBuilder View Post

I think the coming of the smart zombies is in part due to the fact a lot of people are already zombies, only looking to "wake up" from the nightmare of their realities.
That's actually a really good point. I have never actually looked deeper into any of the zombie movies for reasoning like that, but I really like your take on it. I have to agree with you about the whole everyone already being zombies as it is. I have often said that a lot of people now days are nothing more than mindless drones going through the motions of a life.

Quick Reply