DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > What are you watching?




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM  
slownsteady
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png
 
slownsteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newton, NJ
Posts: 774
Liked 101 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default

Wow, what a peculiar thread! It started with SouthPark, meandered through a dissertation on zombie movies, and has now traveled into a diatribe on higher education! And it only took two years to build up any momentum!

Don't let me stop you; I just had to comment.



__________________
slownsteady is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 09:07 PM  
Garenius
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 58
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Watching Pirates of the Carribean atm



__________________

<a href="http://www.extensionfactory.com.au">Home Extensions || House Extensions Melbourne</a>

Garenius is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Wow, what a peculiar thread! It started with SouthPark, meandered through a dissertation on zombie movies, and has now traveled into a diatribe on higher education! And it only took two years to build up any momentum!

Don't let me stop you; I just had to comment.
That's how it works more often than not. Thread drift can be a funny thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenius View Post
Watching Pirates of the Carribean atm
What did you think? It was very blah. Fun to watch but unmemorable.
__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 AM  
SnellExperts
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Are you guys talking about the new one? I didn't even know that they were making a 4th one until my mom said that she saw it. How was it? Worth seeing or wait til it comes out on tv?

__________________

[URL=http://www.snellexperts.com]Mold Inspection[/URL]
[URL=http://www.executiverestoration.com]Mold Inspection Charlotte NC[/URL]

SnellExperts is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 01:27 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnellExperts View Post
Are you guys talking about the new one? I didn't even know that they were making a 4th one until my mom said that she saw it. How was it? Worth seeing or wait til it comes out on tv?
Visually a great movie, but the story line was poor.

I loved the first one and by the third was still going to the theaters, but was disappointed.

I say see it, it was fun, but know the story is not as great as the first.
__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM  
ilikeblue
Junior Member
 
ilikeblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 26
Default

I'm about to watch the Real World at 10:00. I know I'm a little too old to watch it, but oh well! It's good!

__________________
ilikeblue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 PM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblue View Post
I'm about to watch the Real World at 10:00. I know I'm a little too old to watch it, but oh well! It's good!
You're never to old to enjoy yourself.
__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM  
SnellExperts
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Sounds like the 4th Pirates movie was the same as every Harry Potter movie for me. I loved the books and was a HUGE fan of the series. The movies did such a poor job representing the books that I was disappointed in all of them I'd rather not see the pirates movie so I can still say good things about the series lol

__________________

[URL=http://www.snellexperts.com]Mold Inspection[/URL]
[URL=http://www.executiverestoration.com]Mold Inspection Charlotte NC[/URL]

SnellExperts is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 08:12 AM  
TxBuilder
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
TxBuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,677
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnellExperts View Post
Sounds like the 4th Pirates movie was the same as every Harry Potter movie for me. I loved the books and was a HUGE fan of the series. The movies did such a poor job representing the books that I was disappointed in all of them I'd rather not see the pirates movie so I can still say good things about the series lol
I felt that way about Lord of the Rings, great movies, but left out some much of the book you were really only watching an action movie, it seemed in my mind, to lack the majority of the mythology that made you think you were there.
__________________
TxBuilder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM  
SnellExperts
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

So I know that I'm behind the times on these movies, but I just watched, for the first time ever, the first Godfather movie, and Scarface. Was never big on those movies, but WOW! I loved them, can't wait to see the second and third Godfather!



__________________

[URL=http://www.snellexperts.com]Mold Inspection[/URL]
[URL=http://www.executiverestoration.com]Mold Inspection Charlotte NC[/URL]

SnellExperts is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On