DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Green Energy and Sustenance Living > How many folks use the energy saving bulbs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 409 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 132

We had a outdoor flood light that burned out and I bought a couple of 26 watt CFL's from Lowe's yesterday and wow what a difference they make. I think you could probably see them from space. We leave them on all nite just to deter any visitors. Hope they last longer then the regular floods I've been buying.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 PM  
carnuck

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

NAPA autoparts sells a HUGE 100 watt CFL #SP10550MED for spots where you need a huge amount of light for a yard or big building (I'm not as much a fan of CFLs as I used to be but DANG this thing is bright!)

Old 10-28-2010, 02:36 AM  
Jimbo56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

we use them at home in every room, we like to do our little bit for the environment

Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 AM  
Suzienatural

I am in the process of switching out all my incandescent bulbs to CFL's. I use them on my exterior house lights as well. I don't really notice a difference in the light they put out. I'm really glad I can now get 3 way and dimmable CFL blubs. Why am I doing this? More efficient use of energy and that affects my utility bills. My ultimate goal is to be able to replace 100% of my dependence on the electric company with renewable energy.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:00 AM  
Miero

I also switched the oldschool bulbs to economy bulbs. I'm not quite satisfied with the blue light, I think the yellow one is the best choice. It creates a natural, cozy atmosphere.

Interested in home automation systems? Check out [URL="http://www.miero.com"]Miero[/URL] to upgrade your house.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 PM  
handygirl520

Hello. Does anyone know the return on investment on CFL bulbs? I'm thinking of converting a few bulbs at home. Thanks!

[URL="http://homeprojects.isbx.com/node/757"]Home Decor for Valentine's Day: Add a little love into your homes[/URL]. Share your home improvement projects on your iPhone or Android via [URL="http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=151034658260403"]Home Projects[/URL]. <3

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM  
MatthewLee

when old one break, i tend to get the new cfl bulb, but regular ones have a better light in my opinion

[URL="http://www.home-improving.com/847/48-easy-home-remodel-project-to-increase-home-value//"]48 Easy and Fun DIY Project [/URL]

Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 AM  
kaytav

I use energy saving bulbs in my home, and most of them are from the brand "Philips" they not only save the energy but are also long lasting bulbs and they don't heat up your room...

Old 06-16-2011, 06:25 PM  
Paul79UF

I think most of ours are the Nvision brand from Home Depot.

I love the 9 year warranty. I had one big 26w (100w equiv) bulb burn out prematurely since it was in a clothes closet being switched on/off all the time.

I went to the manufacturer website, put in the info from the receipt and bulb base. A few days later I got a brand new bulb in the mail. No need to send back the old one.

So keep your receipts and the paper inserts from the original bulb packages.

[URL="http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Articles/Home-Repair-Maintenance-Guides.htm"]My Home Repair Guides[/URL]

Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM  
Bryanatkinson

I use Philips 15 watts 'daylight' ones.

Generally, it's better than incandescent in most aspects, except it can't be used with dimmer.

[URL="http://cornershelfshop.com"]CornerShelf Shop[/URL] - Home of all corner shelves

Quick Reply