I have a truckload of new insulation that got wet a few years ago. I pulled out a few pieces from one bundle, but they smell like an old fisherman's shack. I'm trying to think if there is any possible use I could put them to or get rid of the smell?
The best possible use would be a dump or landfill. They should not pollute too much and could be accepted.
Drying and recyling is not possible.
I agree. All they need now is to get wet again to activate any mold from before, if fiberglass: Mold in Fiberglass Insulation, fiberglass - moldy fiberglass insulation in Buildings - when, why, and how fiberglass insulation becomes a reservoir of problem mold in buildings. Consumer information and expert resources
I also agree with Mud-mixer,
Go for a dump or landfill...