DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Carpentry and Woodworking (
-   -   Barnwood table support (

cibula11 04-06-2009 08:55 AM

Barnwood table support
1 Attachment(s)

I've got a project that I've received several bits of advice. I have some 100 yr. old 2x8 lumber that I will be using to construct a rustic/modern kitchen table. I know that I need to make sure I have the edges nice and square so that I can glue and clamp the edges together (the width will be somewhere around 30").

1.) I've been told I won't need dowels or biscuits because it won't add strength, which is fine, but the legs I'm using are "U" shaped and will only be supporting the outer two boards. Is that correct?

2.)Do I need a cross piece to run perpendicular underneath the table top. Or do I just assume to glue and clamping process will be sturdy enough? I know that the top is going to be bulky but I don't want an apron. The table will look similar to this....actually pretty identical, same legs an

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 AM.