DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Carpentry and Woodworking (
-   -   felt to wood? (

SnellExperts 12-27-2011 05:35 PM

felt to wood?
I have a cabinet of speakers and the felt has gotten ripped in certain areas and I was wanting to glue it back. What kind of glue would hold the best for something like this? Would regular elmer's glue do the job? I want something that is going to last for a while. The cabinet gets hauled around quite a bit, so this isn't something I want to do every weekend lol.

kok328 12-28-2011 06:15 PM

3M spray adhesive in a can ?

SnellExperts 01-04-2012 09:19 PM

I have never heard of it. Where can you pick it up at? Would your local lowe's have them? I tried carpenters seems to be holding so far. In all honesty though I'm thinking about just refelting the whole thing. Even with the glue holding, you can clearly see where it tore. Any suggestions for doing this on my own?

oldognewtrick 01-05-2012 03:55 AM

I've picked some up from an auto parts store to put up a headliner in an old car.

SnellExperts 01-10-2012 12:27 PM

If it can hold that up, then it should be perfect for what I am looking to do with it. Thanks for the info :)

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 PM.