DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Carpentry and Woodworking (
-   -   Type of molding (

jmc0319 01-02-2014 10:21 AM

Type of molding
Help. I am in the process of starting a bookcase and the materials list has so ethnic called 'bed' molding listed. I have no idea what that is. Can anyone help please?

bud16415 01-02-2014 10:36 AM

Bed Moulding is similar to Crown Moulding without the Ogee curve at the top. Here is a link showing the compared shapes.

As a side note you can make something very similar from stock quarter round and cove mouldings and adding in a few rectangular strips as backers. I finished a kitchen this way once rather than doing the store bought crown. The combinations of a few simple shapes can really look complex when put together.

jmc0319 01-02-2014 03:32 PM

Great thanks a lot Bud.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.