DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Carpentry and Woodworking (
-   -   Unknown kitchen drawer hardware (

AlexBeard 12-06-2008 07:21 PM

Unknown kitchen drawer hardware

In our kitchen and bathrooms, we have "faux drawers" just beneath the sink. Obviously there is no room for a real drawer due to the plumbing and the sink itself. These drawer fronts simply snap on to a plastic-coated screw via a small, C-shaped plastic clamp that screws into the back of the drawer.

This C-shaped clamp device broke on one of the "faux drawers" and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what this device is called or where to find a replacement.

I know the information provided is somewhat choppy, but I don't even know enough about cabinetry to know the real names for these "faux drawers."

Below is a picture of one of the "clamps" I'm referring to. Obviously the right side would extend out in the same manner as the left, but it's broken off.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.


inspectorD 12-07-2008 06:40 AM

Google cabinet hardware,

Look under concealed hinges or blind connectors.
Each make is usually different.
I have fixed this with some hot glue before, you can try that or some super glue.

AlexBeard 12-07-2008 07:28 AM

Thanks inspectorD. I'll check it out. Part of my problem thus far has been the plethora of cabinet pulls and whatnot that Google returns when I search for "cabinet hardware." Maybe I'll have better luck with these specific terms though.

AlexBeard 12-07-2008 07:32 AM

No luck. There has to be a name for this simple little plastic clamp.

I'm beginning to think super glue will work just fine. Hah!

travelover 12-07-2008 12:49 PM

You can also hinge this false drawer front (on the bottom) and make a handy little shallow V shaped area to hold sponges and cleaning tools. You may see these kits among the cabinet hardware.

AlexBeard 12-07-2008 01:53 PM

travelover, I have a friend who has what you're talking about. They use it to store small sponges and whatnot. The more I search, I'm thinking this really might be a custom piece the manufacturer produces for quick assembly.

I'm either going to hot glue it in place or use one of the bottom hinges for storage.

Thanks for your help guys.

spaz2965 12-08-2008 06:59 PM

Travelover talked about what I would sugest, make it a useable drawer it will be more useful look in the specialty fasners at lowes for the hindges

mr_weempers 12-10-2008 01:07 PM

the c-shaped piece of hardware is under the hinge section

mr_weempers 12-10-2008 01:08 PM

i was shopping at D. Lawless Hardware the other day and i believe i saw a piece quite similar to that one. they have a wide variety, their website is dlawlesshardware

East_Texas 12-18-2008 09:53 PM

I found this one a Lowe's. In the hardware dept. Under cabinet hardware, catch.

Belwith/Hickory Hardware 1-5/16" C/C Catches Cadmium Double Roller Catch

I think if you type "Double Roller Catch" into any search engine you will find lots of examples.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.