DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Bad honeywell valve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 AM  
mcooke

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one...today, after holding the wire harness horizonally (the one that goes to "ignitor" on the module) it stopped working altogether. After jiggling and pushing even harder, I was able to get it to work. But only once. I am looking for any advice on this, but I think the only thing to do is replace the SV9500M unit Thank you to everyone who shared I'm glad I'm not the only person rigging up wires in my furnace!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 AM  
mcooke

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one having this ignition issue...so firstly a big thank you to everyone on here that's posted their stories. Today, after holding the wire harness horizonally for months (the one that goes to "ignitor" on the module) it stopped working altogether. After jiggling and pushing even harder, I was able to get it to work one time so we didn't freeze. Next step is to take it apart and look for the bad connections, fortunately I'm a electro-mechanical engineer so I know what to look for. I will post instructions if I get this to work like others did! Thank you again for all of the advise...to be continued. I'm glad I'm not the only person McGyvering up my furnace!! :-)

Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM  
1retskroy

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

As in the previous posts, I had the same symptoms you did. I removed the cover (T-15 security screws) and saw two soldered joints that had seperated from the board. Used a soldering iron to re-melt the solder to form a solid connection. It has been two and a half years and still working fine.

There is a video on youtube on this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply