DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Connecting humidifier to your furnace

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 104 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by python01 View Post
Yes I have to install it with humidifier controller so I would have to disrupt power to solenoid when furnace is not on and let it go on when furnace is on.
Should I connect relay coil between white and common ( I think it is marked C on the board and then use relay contacts to control the solenoid?
No. If you do that, then you will be forced to use the humidifier to complete the circuit to enable heat. As I mentioned, with a humidifier controller, the wiring will be somewhat different. In this case you'll want to power the controller with the R terminal (Red) and the C terminal (Common). Now you will enable to option to humidify or not when the heat is on via the controller.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 AM  
python01

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kok328 View Post
No. If you do that, then you will be forced to use the humidifier to complete the circuit to enable heat. As I mentioned, with a humidifier controller, the wiring will be somewhat different. In this case you'll want to power the controller with the R terminal (Red) and the C terminal (Common). Now you will enable to option to humidify or not when the heat is on via the controller.
When you say "power the controller" do you mean that I would use the R and C terminals to supply 24AC power to the controller instead of using 110VAC - 24VAC transformer? If it is the case wouldn't my humidity controller go off when heat is not on?
Or do I connect relay solenoid between R and C and let the relay contacts complete the water valve circuit?

Sorry for asking so many questions but this is the way I would like to go and I have no experience hooking up stuff in the HVAC area.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 AM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 104 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 61

When you say "power the controller" do you mean that I would use the R and C terminals to supply 24AC power to the controller instead of using 110VAC - 24VAC transformer?
Yes.
If it is the case wouldn't my humidity controller go off when heat is not on?
No.
Or do I connect relay solenoid between R and C and let the relay contacts complete the water valve circuit?
Yes.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 AM  
python01

Likes Given: 2

Thanks for all your help guys, will try to get it working today.

Quick Reply