DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > How to Take Out Furnace Blower Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 AM  
BRIANL00

Default How to Take Out Furnace Blower Motor

How do you take out a furnace blower motor? I have an Air Ease(I believe it is made my Armstrong) furnace. I want to replace the blower motor and the motor capacitor. Motor is pulling too many amps. I can see the motor when I remove the access panel in the front. Is the motor on a rail system that would allow it to come out the front, or do I need to access the motor from another side? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 109 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Not sure on an Air Ease but, a common setup is to have the blower housing mounted on rails and held in place with sheet metal screws. Locate and remove the screws and pull the blower housing towards the opening. You may have to move some wires and/or other components to allow for clearance. From there, you can remove the motor from the housing. Post some close-up shots and maybe we can better help you.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 AM  
BRIANL00

Thanks! The blower motor is mounted on rails and held in place with sheet metal screws. I was able to remove the motor. I did have to move some wires after I diagramed them on a sheet of paper, and labeled them with masking tape. I plan to pick up a replacement motor and capacitor today and reassemble. I should save ~$500 on the estimate my AC repair man gave me. I like that! Have a great day!

Quick Reply