DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Lennox 10ACC−036 compressor fan won't start on its own

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM  
kcaro500

I just read the post above and have the same model as mentioned. My AC was down and the compressor had shut off because of overheating. So I cooled off the compressor with water and then I Turned it on. The compressor started but no FAN running. So I spun the blade by hand then restarted the unit by switching on the AC Power and presto, the fan turned!
Thanks to all on here who gave the tip. I will get a new fan moter from Grainger. That should do the trick.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 11:38 AM  
TGrayson

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

First question is; When the fan is off, is it hard to turn the blades, if so try this first:

The solution that worked best for me this year was to open the top cover that the fan/motor is attached to, turn it over so the fan is upside down with the shaft pointing up and oil the shaft with a turbine grade oil. I purchased a Zoom Spout Oiler by Supco (you can find it @ many places online) and it has worked great. The key is to get the oil down the shaft to oil the bearings. After oiling it, give it several spins in both directions and add more oil while let the fan sit upside down for 20-30 min or so. The fan should loosen up considerably and should start on it's own. If it loosens up and doesn't start maybe try a new capacitor.

Let us know how it work out. Good Luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply