DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Manual J Question - Number of occupants, multiple floors

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 AM  
toddmanqa

Default Manual J Question - Number of occupants, multiple floors

I'm doing a Manual J calculation (using version 7) for a two-story, with a finished basement, house.

For the number of occupants (for sensible and latent heat gain), the example in the Manual J book specifies using one more person than the number of bedrooms in the house.

But, my question is: if I'm doing a floor-by-floor (room by room) calculation, where do I put the occupants? Do I just put them in the dining room/living room on the first floor, then ignore them as occupants when doing the calculations for the bedrooms?

Thanks,
toddmanqa

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 AM  
moshei

Hello,

Is the Heat loss for this house at least in the neighborhood of legitimate? It isn't calculating for duct losses, HRV, or anything, but is this reasonable?..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply