DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > My new Nordyne furnace doesnt want to stay running

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM  
19buick61

ok so I have been sitting here staring at my furnace for an hour or so. just before the furnace shut off I heard some noise coming from the inducer motor and I the green LED flashed half a dozen times while the red stayed solid. According to my book that means pressure switch open fault.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 PM  
19buick61

So I have been staring at my furnace for an hour now. I heard some noise come from the inducer motor, maybe some water on the fan blades? then as the furnace shut down the green light flashed several times while the red stayed solid. the burner went out the green light came back on solid and it cycles and started back up again brinign the room up to correct temp.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:20 PM  
paul52446m

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My new Nordyne furnace doesnt want to stay running

Quote:
Originally Posted by kok328 View Post
Paul, since the furnace was installed horizontally, could it be that the flame is not hitting the flame sensor enough to keep the system running?
In most of these furnaces today, they have what i call small jet burners.
If they have the right gas pressure, they will work fine in different positions.
Running 8 to 10 min. and then cutting out, sound more like water build up and when the inducer turns off it drains so it can come back on. Another thing is, if he is not moving enough air through the furnace, it could be stopping on limit
switch. The next things i want him to do is check the air temp. on the return side and on out going side to see if it is over heating.
Another thing is to watch the burner and when it turn off turn the stat down and see if you get a code. Paul

Old 12-14-2011, 06:48 PM  
paul52446m

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My new Nordyne furnace doesnt want to stay running

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19buick61 View Post
ok so I have been sitting here staring at my furnace for an hour or so. just before the furnace shut off I heard some noise coming from the inducer motor and I the green LED flashed half a dozen times while the red stayed solid. According to my book that means pressure switch open fault.
If you get too much water in the inducer then the pressure switch will open.
You need to get you booklet out that came with the furnace. When you lay a furnace down, changes need to be made, you need to make sure they did this right. Some times the inducer has to be moved and the drain hoses and pressure switch hose have to to be moved.
Your stack has to maintain a up hill pitch from the furnace to the outside, and supported so they don't sag. There is a special fitting when your stack leaves the inducer. The inducer should kick the water out as soon as it fires up and when every thing are installed right you should not get that much water.
If you wan't to take some pic. of the inducer and stacking, and hoses and drain , i will be glad to look at them. Paul

Quick Reply