DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > New House Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 07:39 PM  
95stang50

Default New House Question

I am in the process of buying a new house. The house is about 30 years old, its about 1300 sqft ranch style home, brick with no basement. The house is well build with double pane windows and good insulation im told..... It has central air right now.. but is rather out dated.... it also has base board heat... My question is should I replace the AC unit since it is old and inefficent and take out the baseboard heat and put in a furnace. Could i use the duct work for the ac? It has a very large garage and would be no problem to put the furnace out there.... Thoughts?? Also what are recomendations as far as size. brand... and guess on cost......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 748 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 1306

A furnace in the garage will have to be in an air tight room with outside air for the fire.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply