DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   oil Burner pump (

saselker 01-27-2009 05:00 PM

oil Burner pump
I have an old GM Delco Heat furnace and burner. Recently I have had an episode or two where I needed to reset the unit to get it to run(Old style Honeywell control). I cleand the burner/changed the nozzle etc. and the unit is running very well. However the pump is cracked and leaking around a pipe plug(appears to be an alternate fuel inlet). My question is whether or not I'll be able to get a replacement pump for a burner this old, and if so where(in general) to get one. The pump has two lower case "h"s with a diamond between them if thats any help. I always thought the pumps were pretty standard but I'm really not sure. I know I should really consider replacing the whole furnace/burner due to its age and lack of effeciency, but as always cost is a concern. Not to mention it very seldom runs due to me heating primarily with wood.

glennjanie 02-06-2009 08:52 PM

Welcome Saselker:
Yes, new oil pumps are available for most units.
You might try Grainger, Johnstone, United Refrigeration or a local oil heater repair specialist.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 PM.