DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Oil burning furance leak

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM  
DrBadPlan

Default Oil burning furance leak

Was cleaning up the basement in preparation for carpet installation and noticed a small leak coming from the oil line where it is connected to pump. There is no clamp on the line where its attached to the copper fitting and the pump housing had about 10mL's of oil in it. Will this be an easy part of annual maintenance? Can i close the oil line at the tank until someone comes and takes care of it? I've placed a disposable paint tray liner underneath to catch any more leaks. Not sure whats causing it, furnace hasn't been on since end of February/early March. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello DrBadPlan:
Yes, you may shut the oil off at the tank. You may want to replace the line with clamps or wait until someone else can come over to make the repair.
Glenn

Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM  
DrBadPlan

I've got someone coming Friday. I'll just leave it alone until then. The line is buried underneath the basement floor, but it is only 5 years old from when the furnace was installed. This shouldn't be an expensive fix right?

Quick Reply