DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > problems with amana air command 80

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 PM  
Sarah851905

Default problems with amana air command 80

So my furnace will not reach the temp. set on the thermostat. It will heat to a certain extent. After a few minutes of the heating cycle the burners will go out and start the ignition process again. After a little bit of this cycle repeating itself the furnace will shut down and not turn on again until I manually turn it off and on again. I have 4 blinking LED lights. Now I have had to techs at my house. The first one said they didn't know the problem and left. The second came in and said there was no chimney liner installed and that was the problem. So we cleared the little debris that was in the chimney completely out and I was told we should wait until spring to install this liner since the company didnt want to do it in the winter. No where is in the furnace is clogged up. Brand new air filter, chimney is completely clear, return is clear, checked the evaporator coils. I'm really at the point where I have no idea what to do. I really don't want to spend a bunch more money to have another tech come out and not fix this problem. Please help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 PM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 150 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 81

The starting point is to decode the LED indication.

This table of indications and their meanings is either in your owner's manual,
or pasted inside the furnace on a panel,
or available from the manuf.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&q=%22amana+air+command+80%22+troubleshooting+LED+4&btnG=Search&aq=f&aql=&aqi=&oq=

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 01-20-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply