DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > any rule of thumb for figuring max recommended bulb wattage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM  
Philphine
don't give him tools!!!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just doing some surfing and thought i'd post a pic. the one i posted at first i never put up. i was making a mirror decision and now it's just laziness and the fact that i kinda cracked the plexiglass on another one i tried.

but here is the one for my main bedroom

once i got the idea i kinda kept a look out for other rings i could try the same idea with. this one was a pretty good sized wall mirror, about 40" dia overall. the lights are from one of those floor lights that sits behind a couch and kinda hangs over it. i took some of the crystals off so it's not as full looking, but it also doesn't clatter even on the highest speed. a decent trade off. as mentioned, i kinda cracked the plexiglass a little, but i hid the worst of it at the spot where one of the lights are, so it's not too noticable. i hope i can do better with the black one.

i'm also working on one more. a kinda more modern/stainless steel looking one for my kitchen. i won't have a mirror on this one. just need to find a fan i like to work with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM  
Philphine
don't give him tools!!!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

and the one i originally asked about. put it up this past weekend

two pics 'cause it's a little hard to make out

i work nights and this room kind of came from that. it's my second bedroom but i sleep in here as much as in my main bedroom (actually all the time right now 'cause i'm working a bit on the main bedroom, plus i need to get a new mattress).

i don't think i ever explained the "why". i have the regular 8' ceilings and this keeps the light and fan from hanging as low from the ceiling. the actual difference bettween these and a normal hugger fan is pretty minimal (the chandalier-ish one is really about the same), but once i thought of it i wanted to try it anyway.

so one more for the kitchen, once i find a fan i like to work with it, and i think i'll be done playing with this idea.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply