DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > best replacement for Federal Pac panel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 AM  
BridgeMan

Liked 75 Times on 67 Posts

Thanx, petey, I'll sleep much better tonight. However, I stand by what I've stated.

In today's litigious society, I really don't enjoy paying out my hard-earned dollars to lawyers for defending me from people who insist I have not adequately warned them (with strong enough terms) about possible hazards in their future home. Been there, done that, no thank you.

Oh, and for the record--I have never told any Buyer to have the Seller do anything. I've only pointed out potential hazards, and leave it up to the two parties to determine who pays for what. Pointing out deficiencies in properties can make things difficult for the Inspector, and I've been called a "deal-breaker" by Realtors who blamed me (instead of the house's condition) for giving a Buyer cold feet.

Last edited by BridgeMan; 09-16-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011, 04:45 AM  
speedy petey
Lic.Electrical Contractor

Liked 39 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeMan View Post

Oh, and for the record--I have never told any Buyer to have the Seller do anything. I've only pointed out potential hazards, and leave it up to the two parties to determine who pays for what. Pointing out deficiencies in properties can make things difficult for the Inspector, and I've been called a "deal-breaker" by Realtors who blamed me (instead of the house's condition) for giving a Buyer cold feet.
It is all in the way the buyer takes it. And more often than not the buyer takes it that things MUST be done.
I can't tell you how many times I hear "The inspector said this HAS to be done, or that HAS to be replaced", only to find of that it was a home inspector that said it.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:24 AM  
ohmy

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Siemens is the brand we prefer. They make a good panel with copper bus bars and are a good company. Square D is also a quality panel but is a little pricey. I would steer clear of GE...IMO.

www.TECertifiedElectricians.com

Quick Reply