DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Dimmer Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 01:38 AM  
texasman

Default Dimmer Switch

Looking into replacing the dimmer switches in my living room. I have a total of 4 recessed flood lights in the room. There are 2 dimmers so each dimmer controls 2 lights. My question is i was reading about Master Dimmer Switch. So if i had a master dimmer to the main panel that i use the most and the accessory dimmer to the other. When i use the master dimmer would that activate all 4 lights and if so if i wanted to operate them separately could i still do that. Hope that makes sense to yall tried my best at explaining. Thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 07:37 AM  
Daddytron

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

By master dimmer switch, do you mean a three-way dimmer? if so, I onse installed two three-way dimmers to the same light fixture. I then discovered, that they do not work that way, there has to be a standard three-way switch on the circuit

Over budget and behind schedule...
That's how I roll :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply