Originally Posted by DaveyDIY
I'd say you hit the nail on the head.
It wuz a lucky guess.
If water runs down the cord to the extension cord you risk a shock
Probably a legal matter
I'm not sure how much power a washer pulls - 7a ??
I'm not sure it would matter how much amperage is going through the washing machine. Getting a shock from an electrical cord means that your body has become a second electrical path the electricity can take. I don't see why the current through the first path would have any effect on the current through the second path unless the total is enough to trip the breaker.
What would matter is now much power was available in that cord. I'd rather be shocked by a washer than an electric dryer cuz the dryer is fused to 30 amps.
(Not that I'd prefer to be shocked at all if I had a choice in the matter.)