DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Fluorescent Light Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 01:02 PM  
Pete491

Default Fluorescent Light Repair

Guys,

I was replacing the 48" fluorescent light in our kitchen this morning and broke two of the end sockets. No problem, I went down to the hardware store and bought a couple. I installed everything the way I thought it was before but the light does not work. Not at all.

I suspect I didn’t put everything back together as it was. Unfortunately I removed the wires that went into the sockets and didn’t note which holes they went into. The two blue went into one and the two red into the other. Each socked has four holes. Also I didn’t note which side of the fixture the two sockets go.

Yes, I'm not very handy.

So, does it matter which holes the two red and two blue go? Does it matter which side of the fixture the two sockets go?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 AM  
JoeD

Liked 85 Times on 71 Posts

The ballast should have a drawing of how to wire it pasted on it. Use that as your guide.
The sockets should be made so that the two holes on the right connect to the right contact and the two holes on the left connect to the left contact.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 AM  
imigyjunia

I just had the same problem and am feeling so lucky that I got the answer right here. Thank you Pete for asking the question and also thank Joe for answering. Excellent community!

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][U]Brighten the world with [URL="http://www.imigyled.com"]LED lamp[/URL] to save energy and conserve environment.
[URL]http://www.imigyled.com[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quick Reply