nobody was upset cheri.
Let's start over step by step.
1. the source white and black go the line side of the gfi
2. Make a white and black pig tail. (wire about 8 to 10 onches long)
3 Connect the pigtails to the load side of the gfi.
4 Now you have four wires connected to the gfi, double check that white is to white screws and black to black screws, they are marked.
5. With a wire nut connect the white pigtail to the white from the light and the white from the other plug.
6. Make another black pigtail and wire nut it to the first pigtail along with the black from the other plug.
7. Now you have a black wire from the light and a black pigtail, they both go the switch.
I hope this helps.