DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Home CCTV?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 10:08 AM  
Bailenforcer

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

It used to be that way here. When I escaped Detroit in 1995 and became a refuge here near Petoskey lol, people used to leave cars running and to be honest it was a shock to me. In Detroit you had to lock everything up and they morons would even steal the locks.

After working the streets of Detroit and retiring finally I will never look back. My friends downstate alays ask me to come visit and my answer is always why don't you come up here and visit so we all can enjoy that time together.

But Alas the Michigan State law that makes it illegal to leave a car running unattended stopped the cars running in the parking lot in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
In Petosky they may leave the keys in the ignition while they go into a store.

And at least three women were friendly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 AM  
katec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
I found a reputable ebay seller ( cctvhotdeals ) of CCTV in Campaign Illinois. The system I bought is 8 cameras with night ability and 480 lines (Beginning HD ) and a small DVR that has a 1 Terabyte hard drive. The system is fairly cheap and I can view it through the Internet with an Iphone/Android or any computer with the FREE Zmodo software. I am impressed considering the cost and I put the whole system up with 4 cameras up in the tree canopy where they are not seen and 4 more surrounding the house 360 degrees. One can in no way approach my place without being seen, and my Pit Bull watches the cameras and let's me know when anyone approaches. The Pit Bull wasn't included in the deal, he learned on his own with a little help from me pointing at the Visio television I use as a monitor. He now runs to the door someone is walking up to to be ready to greet them.

I thought I would let you know since this is affordable and has a long record time. NOTE: you can upgrade to a larger drive also.
Thanks, that sounds really good - good to know someone else has made it work. Your system seems much simpler than mine, though as I finished setting up the Raspberry Pi computers to record and transmit the way I want them to over the weekend and I'm just waiting for the delivery of the cameras now I'm a bit reluctant to go with the simpler system :P Will see how it goes, hopefully get it all functional this coming weekend.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:58 AM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
It used to be that way here. When I escaped Detroit in 1995 and became a refuge here near Petoskey lol, people used to leave cars running and to be honest it was a shock to me. In Detroit you had to lock everything up and they morons would even steal the locks.

After working the streets of Detroit and retiring finally I will never look back. My friends downstate alays ask me to come visit and my answer is always why don't you come up here and visit so we all can enjoy that time together.

But Alas the Michigan State law that makes it illegal to leave a car running unattended stopped the cars running in the parking lot in winter.
Regarding your previous occupation (!) what was the most unexpected aspect of your work?
Did you normally wear a Kevlar vest?
Do you know Aikido?
Were you allowed to use deadly force?

TIA.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM  
Bailenforcer

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

1.the most unexpected aspect of your work? Nice people lol
Did you normally wear a Kevlar vest? Always
Do you know Aikido? Yes and MooDukKwan.
Were you allowed to use deadly force? Yes

No glamor in any job, it paid the bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzat? View Post
Regarding your previous occupation (!) what was the most unexpected aspect of your work?
Did you normally wear a Kevlar vest?
Do you know Aikido?
Were you allowed to use deadly force?

TIA.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
1.the most unexpected aspect of your work? Nice people lol
Did you normally wear a Kevlar vest? Always
Do you know Aikido? Yes and MooDukKwan.
Were you allowed to use deadly force? Yes

No glamor in any job, it paid the bills.
If you believe people know when they are being watched, how is this done?
If you believe people know when a person approaching or nearby means you harm, how is this done?

I haven't been able to find anything provable on these paranormal events and Duke's PSI lab doesn't seem to test for this. I've experienced both.

BTW, got a black belt in Tae Kwon Do after a corrupt judge refused to convict a street punk I got into a fight with.
No problem, two years later I heard that this kid was shot dead at work.

A mugger was on our trail in NYC once and I had a weapon but I outwitted this stocky dude, instead. I guess that was the optimum outcome. . .

Quick Reply