DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > How do you change swithched outlets and continue power to swithch box

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 AM  
budro

ok joe d, i stand corrected about the "half" switched receptacles. upon further review if i am reading it right this time he has power supplied to the plugs in question and a switch leg running to the 3 gange box with one of the three controlling them. if this is the case and he wants power with a nuetral at the wall switch he can change the plugs with the broke tabs to make them all hot, use the switch leg now as a 120 volt supply from the plugs and viola, power to the three gange box. the switch leg that was carrying one hot wire to be broken was probably 12-2 w/g using black and white for hot only. if so he can use it for 120 v supply. all this is said if he doesn't mind giving up the "half" switched part of the plug. sorry if i read it wrong earlier. thanks, buddy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply