DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > I need to know how to install a wireless home security alarm.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM  
donaldjerry

Default I need to know how to install a wireless home security alarm.

How to install a wireless home security system, what do i need first, I am still new and need some information to be installer.

I need to put motion detector and smoke detectors only

Thanks allot

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 AM  
jhoinsmath

It is better to install door and window protection for perimeter protection and use motions as interior protection. That the way you catch them while they are trying to break in or at least still outside when the alarm triggers. Or you can immediate catch them when you home alarm.

[url=http://www.burglaryalarmsystems.info]Burglary alarm systems [/url]

Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM  
Speedbump
Water well etc.

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You'll find that a good Dog is a far better alarm system than the electromechanical types.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 AM  
peterrogers
Alarm Expert

Default Alarm system design

The best design is one that blends the layout of the house, the way you will use the system, and also the actual threat (i.e. points of access). Start with the doors, then go to first floor windows. Don't forget the door from the garage into the house, of the basement, if there is one. Motion sensors are not generally active in the "stay" mode, so you don't set off you own alarm. You can avoid putting a sensor on every window by using glassbreak sensors, as they can cover a large area (assuming windows are closed and locked). In other words, there is some real thought that goes into this - and the good DIY alarm companies are very skilled at talking you through it, so you get what you need, and install it all correctly. You can find them on-line - but check all the reviews you can find.

Quick Reply