DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > low voltage wiring in general, specificly marcato

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 AM  
Philphine
don't give him tools!!!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default low voltage wiring in general, specificly marcato

i lost my install manual and don't know if they need to be specificly wired in series or parallel from the transformer, or if it matters.

i got a good deal on these deck speaker/light setups last year. i didn't have electric out on the deck at the time so i just hooked up the speakers. now i've worked out electrical but have lost the manual. i don't want to mess them up guessing.

so anyone know? be great if someone is familiar with this specific brand , but if someone is confident of how all low voltage lighting works and knows i may have to go with that. thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2009, 06:59 PM  
Blue Jay

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphine View Post
i lost my install manual and don't know if they need to be specificly wired in series or parallel from the transformer, or if it matters.

i got a good deal on these deck speaker/light setups last year. i didn't have electric out on the deck at the time so i just hooked up the speakers. now i've worked out electrical but have lost the manual. i don't want to mess them up guessing.

so anyone know? be great if someone is familiar with this specific brand , but if someone is confident of how all low voltage lighting works and knows i may have to go with that. thanks for any help.
The lights would be wired in parallel, if they were in series voltage would depend on how many lamps and what voltage the were plus if one went out all would go out.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 AM  
Philphine
don't give him tools!!!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

now that you say it it makes perfect sence, like x-mas tree lights. thanks.

Quick Reply