DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > The main service from pole to house is taped??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 03:56 PM  
gtibollo

Likes Given: 1

Default The main service from pole to house is taped??

Hello forum,
I just had an electrician replace the main wires that run from the electric pole in my backyard to my house. More specifically the vertical run attached to my siding, not the horizontal run that is up in the air. This electrician taped the junction where the new vertical run joins the old horizontal run. They are just taped. No box or container of any sort. Just two fat wires twisted and taped hanging off my house. Is this acceptable?
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 104 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I seriously doubt the wires are just twisted together. Most like connected with a split bolt or some other device designed to join two large guage wires together. Yes, the are taped/wraped with friction tape and electrical tape. There should be some means of strain relief but, the wires are not required to be enclosed.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 PM  
gtibollo

Likes Given: 1

Thank you kok328. I appreciate you getting back to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply