DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Electrical and Wiring (
-   -   needing to replace wiring (

scooterbrown12 03-05-2012 08:08 AM

needing to replace wiring
I can't find my post about wiring so ill repost and make it shorter I'm replacing a gas stove in my kitchen with electric. What size receptable, wire,and breaker do I need to run so it doesn't kick breakers? As of right now it kicks the kitchen breaker if you run a coffee pot and convection oven at the same time...

kok328 03-05-2012 08:51 AM

While each unit is different; a 40 amp, 2-pole 240V, 8AWG circuit is common.
What you need to know is the information that is printed on the nameplate of the unit.
Once you locate this information, please post back here for a more definitive answer.
You will also need to know if you have to pull a neutral wire for this unit.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 PM.