DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > new outlet in a closet

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hey Speedy:
I respect your answers and have never seen you give an unsafe one. I don't think you're mean, I have known other folks from New York too.
Hang in there with us, we need your expertise.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I post on a number of forums. The trend that I've seen is that on any given forum, there are one or more frequent posters that are technically competent, but tend to use this an an excuse to bully, especially newbies.

I would grant that at times posters demonstrate that they may be in over their heads and need to be cautioned, but that doesn't excuse jumping all over them. The purpose of the forum is to educate them, not drive them away.

My $0.02

Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 PM  
kok328
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 107 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'm w/speedy on this one. I ignored this one early in the game. If you don't do electrical enough to recall electrical 101 and are rusty or unknowledgable in regards to code then your better off not doing it. If these questions were for your own DIY project, I don't think things would have soured like they did. DIY'rs don't get paid but, if your going to charge for your labor, then you should be able to perform electrical 101 type tasks w/o having to ask DIY'rs to help you make that buck. Maybe if you send us a cut, we'd answer question for you all day long. These types of post will happen from time to time and if I don't agree with WHY something is being asked, I'll just ignore the post.
However,
Q1: The voltage of the wires in a box has nothing to do with the fill capacity of the box. Put a box extension ring on the existing box (if possible) and you should be OK. NEC won't spell it out clear enough for non-eletricians to understand.

Last edited by kok328; 11-12-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:17 PM  
Will1987

Default Hey guys

Ha I was so fed up I didn't even come back to see how decent you guys were about it. I'm glad I haven't been blacklisted or something. I guess ranting and speaking your mind can clear the air sometimes. thanks for being cool.

Will

Quick Reply