DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Outside GFCI Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM  
Duane_Boldt

Thanks I will use the ohm meter and check it out to see if I can isolate where the short(s) are. Thanks. I will let you know what I find.

With looking at the work, I am about set on just running new conduit and wire making sure it is all well sealed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM  
Duane_Boldt

Edh, no there wasn't any GFCI's on it just a regular 20 amp breaker and just regular outlets with small holes exposed to the weather. I feel like an idiot for not paying closer attention. The boxes looked terrible inside. The insulation on the wires themselves was pretty dried and cracking, at least near the ends. I tried to clean it up some but they didn't leave me much wire at all to work with. It was also more than 10 years ago. And the installer is long gone.
I am close to being resolved just to bite the bullet and start lifting of the brick pavers along the wall, make my own trench, install brand new conduit and wire...
I am curious to see just how bad it is though and test with the ohm meter.

My "little" cleanup job it turning into a bigger project than the pool itself...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply