DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Plasma TV Color Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 08:38 PM  
amy_sky

Default Plasma TV Color Issues

I hope someone out there might have some advice and/or insight. I recently bought a Magnavox 50" plasma TV. I love everything about this TV except that frequently the red on the screen shows up looking almost like a "reflector". For example, I'm sitting here right now watching the Steelers/Bengals football game (Go Steelers!) and the Bengals helmets have blue and green stripes in them that look like reflectors when your headlights shine on them.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and if there is anything I can do to correct it? I certainly hope the TV isn't going bad - it's only a couple of months old and I don't believe it has any warranty.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 119 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Default I don't know much...

But I do know you can adjust the settings. Somewhere in this forum someone else had this issue. I would check my owners manual and read.... and if you do not have one because yours just happened to fall off a truck... just kidding... check a google search for a replacement.
Tell us what happens .

Just My
Made in the

Old 12-04-2007, 04:32 PM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Also try Googling the brand and a few key words describing the symptoms. Besides the web search, also use the "groups" search choice in Google.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 PM  
Kashka

30 lashes for not getting a warranty, and 30 more lashes for buying a plasma, lol, you would have been better off with an LCD.

I am assuming you went into the setup menu and adjusted the color and picture settings to your satisfaction. If you did this and you still have issues, i suggest you go back to the store and tell them of your woes.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:14 AM  
repairkit

this guys are very unreasonable (prices shoots up) but you can't deny it, these plasmas are a must have piece of equipment... picture quality no doubt about it, crisp and vibrrant display of colors...

Nothing beats [URL="http://www.diydealsdiscounts.com"]doing things yourself[/URL]:D

Quick Reply