DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Rare single-button light switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 01:43 PM  
Waballs

I have some available. I have been contacted by so many people I think it would be only be fair to place these up for auction. I have placed them on Ebay. When you search for them seach Tap-Lite. I have 10 used single poles, 3 NIB single Poles all 15Amp 120V. 2 NIB Single Gang switch covers with 4 decrative inserts, 3 used single gang switch covers, 3 double gang switch covers, and 3 triple gang switch covers. Also I have placed a dimmer switch cover called Dim-A-Lite made to match the tap-lite switch covers. It has 2 decorative inserts. Thanks all for the overwhelming responses!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 AM  
ter

I am looking for a triple gang switch cover for the tap-lite. This is a great switch system and it is unfortunate that they are no longer in production. Please PM me!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 AM  
Clark123
Clark

Default Honeywell tap-lites

I gave up trying to find these, so I've replaced them and now have a few to sell. You can email me at clarkbirds@aol.com

Old 12-30-2011, 12:11 PM  
walkerslw
Sam Walker

Default Looking for a Cover

Hello Forum,

Doing some remodeling in our 1950's Brick home here in Baltimore, we have these Honeywell Tap-Lites that were installed by my partners father, a little bit of attachment to them. Has anyone come across any replacements? If not, I need one replacement clear cover for the switch for the outside light next to the door. if anyone is willing to sell the cover or the light switch and cover as a set please let me know. Contact me at walker_slw@hotmail.com or at 607-435-8041. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:30 PM  
nealtw

Liked 691 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Touch-Plate Lighting Inc. ::: DMX, BACnet, Modbus, Latching Relays, MultipWay Switching, Lighting Controls

Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM  
ADavis

Nealtw:

Nope!

And I mean that in the nicest way. Checked the link. They have nothing to offer. But, thanks for the info. I, too, have thought there must be some company that makes replacements for Honeywell tap-lites. Alas, I have not found one. I am reduced to estate sales, making friends with old people in my neighborhood, and looking on a local real estate website for houses for sale in original condition built in the 50s. There's ebay, but these rarely come up for sale, and when they do, well, I'm not going to pay $75 for a single light switch and cover, though I might change my tune when I am no longer a poor retro preservationist but an employed retro preservationist.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 PM  
nealtw

Liked 691 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Popular Mechanics - Google Books

Here's an add from 1956; Good luck with your quest.
Neal

Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM  
Lena

I could use some single covers if you still have them available...

Quick Reply