DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Electrical and Wiring (
-   -   Replacing fluorescent fixture (

Yod12 09-03-2012 12:10 AM

Replacing fluorescent fixture
2 Attachment(s)
I have two, four foot T12 light strips (fixtures). I've been slowly learning how to replace these. I got new ones, but can't figure out how to get the hard plastic grommet for the feed wires going into the existing strip. The thing is very ridgid. Also got a small aluminum clip or sumpthin in a small platic bag next to the ballast with the new one. No idea what that's for. Any help appreciated.

viper 09-03-2012 05:01 PM

Sometimes you can pry the plastic grommet out with needle nose pliers or using a screwdriver. There is sometimes a spot where you can pry the grommet open or out. The aluminum piece is probably a clip that holds in the junction/ ballast cover. It slides into a little groove on one end and then the clip goes in like a little hole on the other end. Some just snap in others might have to twist.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:42 PM.