DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Security Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 AM  
garbrile

"I have installed AlarmForce a few days ago and I have to say I was very impressed with the professionalism. Alarmforce is a great company and good service for Wireless Home Alarm system and Security System at the best price in Canada and US states of Ohio, North Carolina & Georgia. Alarmforce gives their clients no charge for installation or activation of two-way voice communication system. Full lifetime warranty is FREE.

Last edited by Square Eye; 04-25-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM  
bob51

Hello,

I am about to install all new windows in my house, 24 of them, and will need to address the switches in the windows. I have magnetic switches in there now. Will a plunger switch work in the window? I will drill into the sill to install the switch but I don't want to drill into the window to install a magnet. That's why I'm thinking a plunger switch.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:17 AM  
yesitsconcrete

there is no system avail that outperforms sonitrol but monitoring costs're the real $$$ for the industry,,, sonitrol has active audio - monitors actually HEAR what's going on in the protected area & compare to ' stored audio ' thereby defining what tripped the alarm,,, active audio is then sent to police,,, no false alarm fees, either,,, as most everyone knows, police don't respond to most home alarm systems ( unless its their neighbor or family member ) cause they're tired of false alarms.

yes, there're costs for installing & all systems are post-incident as're the police,,, if you've REALLY got something to protect, it is absolutely the best available,,, its so good adt owns a couple franchises,,, no financial interest other'n a VERY satisfied user.

EDIT NUMERO UNO: 1 digital control panel, several ' glass breaks ' & tuned motion detectors, no window/door switches, dble battery backup, cellular dispatch, 1 large dog, 1 ithaca 12ga, 1 snub .38spec, 1 .357ruger, lots of insurance, & window decals.

Last edited by yesitsconcrete; 07-25-2008 at 05:22 AM.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:34 PM  
TanishaSid

It's quite usefull at night, It does give you peace of mind that you know your the only one inside your home. Make sure your telephone line outside isn't too visible to anyone or a criminal can cut your phone line with a quick snip and you might not even realize it until it's too late

[url=http://www.magiclockandkey.com/]Los Angeles locksmith[/url]

Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 PM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 148 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsconcrete View Post
12ga, 1 snub .38spec, 1 .357ruger
Four times since 1982 I have gone through the house in the middle of the night with a .38 and a flashlight looking for the source of a noise.
I hoped I'd find somebody, the wife hoped I didn't. She got her wish.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:14 AM  
hainjackson

Hi Guys,

Android Security Alarm Pro is the premier theft detection app for Android devices. With this ‘motion activated’ alarm you can know your phone is protected when you leave it unattended.

Features:
*Multiple safeguards to thwart thieves
*3 LOUD alarm sounds
*3 backgrounds

[url=http://www.e-tradecounter.co.uk/p-407-va100-axial-bathroom-extractor-fan.aspx]kitchen extractor fans[/url]
[url=http://www.e-tradecounter.co.uk/p-407-va100-axial-bathroom-extractor-fan.aspx]get kitchen extractor fans[/url]

Old 04-22-2010, 08:10 PM  
Wuzzat?

Liked 148 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by remodmom View Post
I haven't gotten yet, but they were asking $33 per month with no installation charge...some type of special they are running or something.
33/mo = 396/yr.

Future Value Annuity Calculator

for 10 yrs @7%/yr means ADT makes $5854 on your money.

Do you have homeowner's insurance? How much is your personal property worth? How much to build a secure room in your house?

Burglars are not robbers; robbers confront each time, burglars hope to never confront.

If you can delay the guy one minute he'll go to the next house.

Your local police will supply the crime report for your area; you've already paid for it, you might as well get it.

Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt sells a lot of stuff to a lot of people.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 04-22-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM  
Cork-Guy
Cork Flooring Pros

You don't need to pay for monthly monitoring service; you can install a call box that can automatically call 911 or your local police department and play a recorded message. Prior to using this method you simply contact the police and they'll give you a ARR (auto recorded response) number to include in your message. I've used this method and when my house was broken into in 2007 my audible alarm didn't go off due to an error on my side BUT did contact the police, who arrived to catch the burglary red handed.

Also, monitoring services have a call DELAY since they will contact YOU first prior to the police. This gives a burglary easily 10 to 15 minutes before police will respond. Don't believe me, test your alarm one day and see how long it takes till the police arrive, you'll throw up.

[B][URL="http://www.corkflooringpros.com"]Cork Flooring[/URL][/B] - [B][URL="http://www.ventless-fireplace.org"]Ventless Fireplace[/URL][/B]

Quick Reply