DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   Electrical and Wiring (
-   -   "Split" Rocker Light Switch (??) (

Curmudgeon10 03-02-2013 01:35 PM

"Split" Rocker Light Switch (??)
In my kitchen remodel, I need to incorporate three switch functions for various groups of lights. All the wiring to do this is available at one three gang box. For a number of reasons, it's impractical to add a fourth box.

Currently, the three gang box consists of (left to right) a single rocker light switch, then a dual 115VAC outlet pair, and an identical one next to it on the right. My kitchen remodeler tells me that a "split switch" could go in the middle of this array (two rocker switches mounted sideways), replacing the AC outlets. I would --- and need to --- retain the AC outlets on the outside of this position.

Does such an item exist? I can't seem to find anything by searching on "split switch" there a different name? Thanks.

Fireguy5674 03-02-2013 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked up "double switch" and found this image. It will replace a duplex receptacle and give you two switches in the same space.

Curmudgeon10 03-02-2013 01:59 PM

I'm answering my own post: I've found what I need. It's called a "duplex" rocker light switch. Now I need to find it in black.

Curmudgeon10 03-02-2013 02:00 PM

Thanks Fireguy.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 PM.