DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Wiring Log Homes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 09:50 AM  
Electric393

that's a good point. The salesguy did tell me that they've been tested to last for 20yrs of switch presses. It's a risk but the company seems like it's very succesful and will be around for good, you never know though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 AM  
tdavis

Default The Company isn't going anywhere

I have just recently become a distributor for the EnOcean switches from Germany. I researched it heavily before becoming involved with these guys. The company is owned by Siemens, one of the largest corporations in the world and the light switches are only a small percentage of where this technology is being used. I sat with the VP here about 2 weeks ago and went over their uses. the growth is outstanding and I have used these prior to becoming a distibutor, they really do work great! for log homes there really isn't a better way. you only need to route and drill the logs for outlets, which can also easily be mounted in the floors. all the switches can be surface mounted right on the log, without a box or a cut in the logs. Just get the power to the fixture from an interior wall and you are set. I am a contractor in Utah and have done cabins here as well as Idaho and Colorado. if anyone else has used these please let me know your thoughts.
www.RunLessWire.com
Thx-
Troy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply